“ Halloween, Good or Bad? ”
I John 5 : 18,19
I. The Truth
A) The Bible warns us…
- That we are not to have contact with Satanic activity…
- Read Deuteronomy 18:9-12…
B) Halloween in America
- We know it as trick or treat, getting candy, jack-o-lanterns, dressing up, and now even lights and ghosts and witch and etc. dummies in the yard.
- Halloween is celebrate more than ever before. It is now the 2nd most popular party night of the year with New Years being 1st.
- Witches and Satanists still consider Halloween to be one of the strongest times during the year cast a spell.
- On Halloween night those who worship Satan practice a ritual called “drawing down the moon.” In this ritual, the chief witch coven (group of witches) becomes, they believe,a channel for the moon goddess. During this ritual the participants, both male and female, are “sky- clad”– that is naked. Stonehenge, the mysterious ancient stone formation in England, is often the site for bizarre gatherings of occultists, some who believe they are modern day Druids.
- Evidence from the Police and Sheriff’s departments all over the world have proved that Satanists and voodoo groups offer sacrifices usually animals, but also human babies.
- In modern day witchcraft and covens, Halloween is the day when Satan himself comes to “fellowship” with his followers.
- Satan is the ruler of darkness and loves death.
- God has the victory over death and gives us eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord!
I. The Lie
A) There’s nothing wrong with it
- There’s nothing wrong with “Jack-O-Lanterns”… In America it is pumpkins, but in Europe it was a turnip, large beet, potato, or even a skull with a candle in it.
- The fearsome face of the jack-o-lantern was to represent the God of the dead called Shamin, who would drive off the less powerful evil spirits abroad that night. People would imagine that dead souls would return to earth on that night. So they put these jack-o-lanterns out to scare off the evil spirits.
- “Jack” is another name for “joker” or “Satan.”
- When we place or make a jack-o-lantern in our house, we are becoming a part of an old demonic practice.
- What’s wrong with witches and black cats?
- Witchcraft is a pagan (idol worshiper, ungodly) practice.
- The word “witch” comes from the Anglo-Saxon Wicca meaning “wise one.”
- Witches are thought to be possessors of magic.
- Witches worship things of nature such as dogs, owls, snakes, pigs, and mostly cats. Many times they are said to bring evil spirits into the bodies of animals.
- Exodus 22:18… God told Israel… “Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live.”
- The Celts (early pagans) believed that black cats were humans who had been changed into feline form by evil powers.
- Black cats are the chief idol of the goddess of Wicca, Diana. (In legend, She turns into a black cat to commit incest with her brother, Lucifer.
- Halloween is honored as “High Sabbath” for practicing witches today.
- Orange, black and red…are the Devil’s colors that are assosiated with Halloween.
- What’s wrong with sculls and skeletons?
- The skeleton is a form of the “horned god” of dead for witches.
- According to the dictionary of Satanism by Wade Baskin… Sculls play an important part of scull worship as sacred relics and objects of worship among the primitives (natives). Sculls are worshiped to establish a connection with evil spirits of the dead. They can also be used as magical food or as a way to increase fertility in the soil. Under “Scull”, the dictionary of Lore and Legend says… a scull often crossed with bones beneath is a “symbol of death.”
- What’s wrong with apple bobbing?
- This is popular at Halloween parties.
- Apple bobbing started with the Druids and Celtics.
- What are druids and Celtics? Over 2000 years ago people known as the Celtics lived in what is called England, Ireland, Scotland, and Whales of today. Halloween was a celebration of the new Celtic year, a time to give thanks to the “sun god” for the harvest.
- “Apple bobbing” is done because apples are to be a “love charm” and the bobbing of the apple is the selection of a lover. (We are supposed to look to God in that choice not an apple!)
III. Is Halloween a Trick or a Treat?
A) Most absolutely a trick.
- As you can tell by the previous notes of truth from our history of the so called holiday…we are led to believe that Halloween is harmless.
- When we carve a pumpkin, display a witch or cat , or even go as far as dress up like these things…we are supporting the satanic holiday and to the world we are no different than they are.
- I Peter 5:8… ¶ Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:
B) We are not to be tricked
- The world will tell us that there is nothing wrong with these things when God’s word tell us in I Thessalonians 5:22… Abstain from all appearance of evil.
C) These are the later times Timothy talks about
- I Timothy 4:1… ¶ Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;
- There are many Christians that start out with the small not harmful things as dressing up and then later become satanic priests or they influence someone else to do the same.
- Do not depart from the faith.
- Do not give in to seducing spirits.
- Do not give in to false doctrines.