“ If ye love me… ”
¶ If ye love me, keep my commandments.
I. The Big Question
A) Do you love me?
- When I ask my wife that question… Do you love me?
- She will answer …Yes!
- But the BIG QUESTION is this… Why do you love me?
- If Christ were to come tonight right now and he asked you this same question…What would be your answer.
- Then Jesus would also ask… Why do you love me?
- What is our answer?
B) Where is my proof
- When you love someone, you must show them proof that you love them.
- Just because someone says “I love you” does not mean that they really do love you. They must prove it!
- How can we prove to our spouses that we love them?
- How do we show proof to God that we love Him?
- ..John 14:23 … Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode (live) with him.
- If I do not show any affection to my wife…she will think that I do not love her.
- Is that any different with Christ? Our God is a jealous God.
II. Keeping the commandments
A) What does “keeping” mean?
- Webster’s Dictionary says this… to perform a duty; to have kept the faith,to fulfill to guard, to defend,
- I believe that our “Duty” is to keep His commandments…
- I believe we need to “ Keep the faith” that is talked about in His word.
- I believe that we also need to fulfill his word (Make sure that it is done)
- I believe we need to guard and defend His word as we would our spouse.
Do You Love Me?