LIVING IN A SPIRIT OF GRATITUDE (Thanks)
I Chronicles 16:34
- Thanksgiving for the saved children of God should not be honored just on Thanksgiving, but every day of your life.
- You may have bad things happen, but things could be worse.
I. Be Thankful for the Goodness of God
- 1 Chronicles 16:34… says, “O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good; for his mercy endureth for ever.”
- What have we done to deserve the goodness of God?
II. Be Thankful for the Holiness of God
- Psalms 30:4…. Sing unto the LORD, O ye saints of his, and give thanks at the remembrance of his holiness.”
- Be thankful that you are not a child of Satan!
III. Be Thankful for the Judgments of God
- Psalms 119:62… declares, “At midnight I will rise to give thanks unto thee because of thy righteous judgments.”
- God judges us righteously! He judges us fair!
IV. Be Thankful for the Saints of God
- Turn to II Thessalonians 2:13… states, “But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth.”
- Notice it says “God hath chosen you to salvation”
- Thank God for His choosing you…He could have chosen someone else!
V. Be Thankful for the Salvation of God
- John 3:36 tells us, “He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.”
- Thank God for His Salvation! Or would you rather have His wrath?
Be thankful from the depths your heart for…His goodness, His Holiness, His Judgments, His Saints, and His Salvation