“ Thank you Lord, for saving my soul ”
I. My Soul
A) A look at the word “soul”
- There are 170 references to “my soul” in the bible.
- Webster defines it this way… Something in a man which is believed to be the source of his spiritual being.
- The Concise King James Bible dictionary says this… The conscious, immaterial (Not flesh) part of man which exists beyond death apart from the body. (examples in Gen. 35:18; Deut. 4:29; I Thess. 5:23)
- How would you describe “Your Soul?”
- God has made everything from the stars, trees, animals and then mankind.
- Mankind is the only creation of God that has a soul.
II. Preserve my soul
A) We need to ask God to “Preserve” our soul
- Note that David asks the Lord in this Psalm….verse 2… Preserve my soul;
- Why? Follows with because “I am holy:” and “thy servant that trusteth in thee.”
- Can we ask the Lord to preserve our souls because we are Holy?
- What does “being Holy” mean?
- Do we completely trust in Him?
B) What does preserve mean?
- Webster says this…To keep or save from injury or destruction; to protect.
- We need to ask the Lord… Protect our soul from being destroyed by Satan, this world, it’s lusts and desires.
- We need to ask the Lord… “To preserve our soul”
- Then we need to say… “Thank you Lord for preserving my soul.
III. Rejoice Our Soul
A) How do we “Rejoice the soul”
- Note David is now asking the Lord in verse 4… “Rejoice the soul”
- He is saying here…. I want spiritual blessings;
- Rejoice means “to feel joy”
- There were many times that David wrote Psalms of a sad soul.
- Many times like David have a sad soul.
- When we ask the Lord to rejoice our soul, He will do it!
- Then we need to say… Thank You Lord for rejoicing my soul”
IV. Deliver my soul from hell
A) How does our soul go to hell?
- Our soul will go to hell and burn forever… unless we ask the Lord to come into our heart, save our soul and preserve it .
- David tells us here that he is saved…Verse 13… and thou hast delivered my soul from the lowest hell.
- Are you saved? Is your soul on it’s way to hell?
- Matthew 10:28... And fear not them (Mankind or Satan) which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him (God) which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.
- Can we truly sing the song… “Thank you Lord?”
Thank you Lord, for saving my soul
Thank you Lord, for making me whole.
Thank you Lord, for giving to me
Thy great salvation so full and free!
Happy Thanksgiving S.B.B.C.