“Will Fido and Fi- Fi Go To Heaven?”
A) Will all animals go to heaven when they die?
- This is a question that really has no exact answer to according to many preachers and men of God.
- But let us examine the Bible…
B) Both man and beast die
- In verse 19 we read this…as the one dieth, so dieth the other;
- This is talking about the “bodies” of both man and beast. It is not talking about the “soul.”
C) Both go back to dust
- Verse 20… All go unto one place; all are of the dust, and all turn to dust again.
- Verse 21…Solomon asks this question himself… 21) Who knoweth the spirit of man that goeth upward, and the spirit of the beast that goeth downward to the earth?
D) What do others think?
- I got on the internet and found all animal activists say “Yes” my dog or cat is going to heaven.
- On a world wide poll taken by ABC News… 47 % said yes, 35% said no, and the other 18% had no idea.
- The Billy Graham‘s website said this… “Animals were intended for man’s enjoyment and use. The bible does not say there is life after death for the animals. It may be that animals were made for earth only.”
I. Looking At The Facts
A) What is the bible about?
- It is all about God, His Son and the Holy Spirit.
- It speaks of our (Human) redemption not beast (Animals). Jesus died on the cross for who? Mankind!
- It speaks of human choices to be made, not beast (Animals).
B) Requirements for going to heaven…
- The requirement for going to heaven …. is Salvation!
- Salvation has three steps
- Repentance– (We must repent or change our ways) Luke 13:3… I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.
- Believing– (We must believe that He is God and that Christ died for us) Romans 10:9… That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
- Baptism– (We must follow Jesus command to be baptized) Mark 16:16… He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
- What animal do you know of that is capable of doing these three things?
- Man has two choices to make in life (heaven or hell, worship God or Satan) Animals have no choices.
- Man has fallen (Sinned) and needs rescued.
- Animals have not sinned and therefore need no rescue.
C) The bible talks about animals in heaven
- Isaiah 65:25… The wolf and the lamb shall feed together (The wolf is considered to be the Gentiles, the lamb is talking about the Jews. God here promises to take off the fierceness of the spirits of his peoples enemies, so that they shall live quietly and peaceably together.) , and the lion shall eat straw like the bullock:( Men shall be changed: The lion shall no more be a beast of prey, as perhaps he never would have been if sin had not entered,) and dust shall be the serpent’s meat. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain, saith the LORD.
- Revelation 19:14… And the armies (Angels and saints over whom Jesus Christ is Captain) which were in heaven followed him upon white horses,( According to Barnes Notes….Emblems of triumph or victory.) clothed in fine linen, white and clean.
II. The Final Answer…
A) Is up to your Conviction
- Personally I do not know for sure!
- But I do not think that it is something to be spending much time in the word of god about since God has never placed any particular interests in animals himself.