“Soul Winning, Learn How”
- In today’s world, we are told that there are many roads to heaven.
- There are also people who do not believe in God, nor His Son Jesus Christ.
- There are even more people confused as to what they believe. This comes from too many self called prophets and pastors and missionaries and evangelists who lack training and more importantly the knowledge of the word of God because they do not “…study to show thyself approved unto God.”
- Daniel 12:3… And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever.
- Let us look deep into the verse here in Daniel which is really the prophecy of the “end time,” and what people will do during the tribulation
- “And they that be wise” These are those people who are already saved. They who believe in God, His Son and their doctrines. They are also those who respond to the leading and convicting of the Holy Spirit. They are wise. WHY? Because wise people receive rewards from God for their work. We who believe in His Son Jesus Christ will be rewarded at the Judgment seat of Christ.
- “ …shall shine as the brightness of the firmament;” This word “shine” means to draw attention to. When something shines or is shiny, it catches your eye, it draws your attention to it so that you will desire to have it, or be close to it. Efficacious people whose Christian life will cause others to desire Christ.
- “… and they that turn many to righteousness” There will be many who stand at the judgment seat and receive their rewards. Some will receive few rewards and some will receive many rewards. The ones who receive many rewards are those who have “they that turned many to righteousness.” These are the soul winners for Jesus Christ.
- “… as the stars forever and ever.” The soul winners will shine the brightest forever and ever in heaven.
- Let me warn you folks…soul winners are not liked by the world. Do you know why? Because they do not want to repent. They do not wish to change their ways. They do not want to hear what you have to say. And most of all they do not want to feel guilty for their actions.
- Walking around with “guilt” is a heaviness on the heart until it is relieved by the only weightlifter that is able…Jesus Christ, the Prince of peace. Jesus brings peace to the hearts of those who believe. (John 14:27)
I. Ease Their Mind
A) Showing them peace
- The world is full of turmoil today… rioting over racial actions, selfish motives, and desires. People upset with their government, their spouses, their jobs, their church, their own life.
- Many people everywhere are on the edge of the cliff barely hanging on and they need help, they need a savior. You could be their savior that shows them to The Savior of the world and that is Jesus Christ.
- You listen to people’s speeches and words of emptiness and you will hear of no forgiveness, no true peace of mind, no thankfulness, no gratefulness. In fact you will see anger and resentment, hostility and upset, and a lack of desire to please no one but themselves.
- A true Christian can turn any person to Christ through His gospel.
- In order to turn others to Christ, you must be at peace yourself.
- In John 4:1-26 is a good example of the power of Christ in soul winning…
- There are barriers that need to be brought down. Jesus was a Jew, she a Samaritan. She was a sinful person, Jesus was a sinless man.
- Show them their need to be saved. Jesus showed her the need for a thirst quenching water.
- Show them their condition as a sinner bound for hell. Jesus showed her marriages to 5 men. Jesus showed her the truth.
- Show them their false worship to the gods they are worshiping (money, work, Hollywood, sports, pleasure, etc.)
- Show them true worship. Jesus said…John 4:24 …God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.
- Witnessing to people is not hard. People are hard. But you have to break through the barriers that block peace from entering their hearts.
II. Present the Gospel
A) You must know the gospel yourself
- First of all we know that as Christians we are commissioned by Christ … Mark 16:15…And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. 16) He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
- To be able to present the gospel you must know what it is. You cannot teach something until you know what it is that you are teaching.
- What is the gospel?
- The gospel is “the good news.” Well, what s “the good news?” The good news is that Jesus Christ came to this earth died for your sins, was buried to show us a burial of our sinful nature, and arose again to reveal to us that we too will rise to walk in a newness of life in Christ Jesus.
- It is “belief” in this gospel that seals our salvation…Ephesians 1:13… In whom (Jesus) ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,
III. Plan Your Approach
A) Every salesman has a plan
- We as Christians are salesmen/women for the Kingdom of God. In this world there are many sales people. They all have made a plan that is devised to get you to buy what they are selling.
- A good sales person will find a way to “lure” you into their trap.
- We are not trying to “lure” anyone into a trap. In fact, we are trying to set them free! Free from the trap that Satan has set, they fell into and cannot get freed from it. That trap is continual sin! They are enjoying their life as a sinner but in the end it leads to DEATH.
- Traps are deadly. We must show them how to escape the trap of Satan.
Here could be a plan to follow…
- FIRST STEP – Show them the bad news first…they are sinners! In order to be healed or saved from death, the person must recognize their condition… they are LOST. Romans 3:23…For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
- SECOND STEP – Now, show them the good news… Romans 6:23…For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
- THIRD STEP – encourage them to “confess their sins”
Romans 10:9… That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. 10) For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
- FOURTH STEP – encourage them to “repent of their sins”
Acts 3:19…Repent ye therefore, and be converted (change your ways), that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;
- FIFTH STEP – After the lost sinner has confessed his/her sin to God, and chooses to repent and ask the Lord Jesus Christ to be Lord of his/her life, then he/she must be baptized in the Lord Jesus Christ in two ways. 1) Submersed under water which makes the statement to the world and God’s people (the church) that they have made a profession of faith in Jesus Christ. 2) Be baptized (fully submersed) in Jesus name by thinking, acting, talking, walking, and believing in the same doctrines of Jesus Christ.
IV. Sealing the Deal
A) Where most Christians go wrong
- Most Christians go wrong by not following up on their new covert.
- They lead them to the Lord Jesus Christ, but do not make sure they get into the right church. They do not make sure they understand what being a follower of Jesus Christ really takes.
- I remember that when I accepted the Lord as my savior, I felt as if a weight had been lifted off my chest. I was free of guilt, free of shame, free of the bondage of sin that Satan had control of in my life.
- Psalm 5:7…But as for me, I will come into thy house in the multitude of thy mercy: and in thy fear will I worship toward thy holy temple. 8) Lead me, O LORD, in thy righteousness because of mine enemies; make thy way straight before my face. 9) For there is no faithfulness in their mouth; their inward part is very wickedness; their throat is an open sepulchre; they flatter with their tongue. 10) Destroy thou them, O God; let them fall by their own counsels; cast them out in the multitude of their transgressions; for they have rebelled against thee.
- We as a Christian should help them, strengthen them, support them, encourage them in every way to make sure that they…
- “Come unto thy (God’s) house” Faithful to the house of God in their worship to Him as God and to His Son Jesus Christ.
- “in thy (God’s) fear will I worship” Worship in fear of what He will do if we do not worship Him.
- “lead me, O LORD, in thy (God’s) righteousness” Because God’s ways are higher and better than our ways.
- “make thy way straight before my face.” Make God’s way clear enough to understand to the new convert.
- When a convert as a child of God does all they can do to please God and His Son Jesus Christ, the results are given in verse 11) But let all those that put their trust in thee rejoice: let them ever shout for joy, because thou defendest them: let them also that love thy name be joyful in thee. 12) For thou, LORD, wilt bless the righteous; with favour wilt thou compass him as with a shield.
- What more could you ask for from someone who loves you?